Knowing what your clients think about you is a key part of keeping them happy.
Every business leader knows that success is built upon excellent client relationships…In fact, our research has shown that account owners tend to dramatically overestimate the quality of their weakest relationships and underestimate the quality of their best ones.
Put simply, companies aren’t asking enough from their best clients, and their weakest clients could be at risk of defecting. Both situations lead to lost revenue.
Growing companies can gain a huge competitive advantage simply by getting a more accurate view of their current clients.
Here are four ways that you can do just that:
1. Make an effort to ask.
If you’re serious about improving your business, then implementing surveys or a regular feedback system is a surefire way to stay in close contact with your clients’ wants and needs, which are likely to change over time.
2. Assess what they’re saying.
Instead, work to get to know your clients on an individual level so you can anticipate future challenges. Be prepared to drop everything when they need your help, and better yet, offer your services before they ask.
3. Determine their level of engagement.
Relationships are a two-way street, and if the client isn’t engaged, find ways for them to invest in the relationship.
Give your client their preferred degree of ownership in new projects or initiatives, and recognize them when the team is successful.
4. Get the first call.
Receiving the first call is an indicator that your client sees you and your team as the sole, valued partner and most important resource, putting you one step closer to keeping and growing their business. The next time your client needs something, you can bet they’ll remember when you went above and beyond.
[Image: Flickr user Miuenski Miuenski]
40 Notes/ Hide
- startupsbunch likes this
- christelleletist reblogged this from fastcompany
- fromuscrazykids likes this
- aaronarlof likes this
- tunesidig likes this
- microcross reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- jlp005words reblogged this from fastcompany
- dbiomed likes this
- ayaros likes this
- aa25 likes this
- irobots2 likes this
- seanabel likes this
- haroonharry reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- mikeschultz likes this
- gazealongtheopenroad likes this
- rev320productions likes this
- penguingirl reblogged this from fastcompany
- leveragepr likes this
- ericjgrant likes this
- clevercarousel likes this
- iamjuanitarodriguez reblogged this from fastcompany
- jksoles likes this
- sandscasinoresortbethlehem likes this
- sfuern reblogged this from fastcompany
- samjroth reblogged this from fastcompany
- bostonvagabonding likes this
- fitwhit12 reblogged this from fastcompany
- fitwhit12 likes this
- honorthytailor likes this
- marchpr reblogged this from fastcompany
- kevintjlee likes this
- themichellewalker likes this
- savedbygraceandgoodtaste reblogged this from fastcompany
- mulesandpeacocks likes this
- baliwho likes this
- claylaugier reblogged this from fastcompany
- kdnewman likes this
- imsupersyd likes this
- travelgadgets likes this
- maruque likes this
- feed-well likes this
- fastcompany posted this